Trinity Rugby Club

Game Match Report

Date:  17/6/17                                                                Age Group: Under 16



Trinity v’s Radford played at Trinity


  Trinity Opposition
Half Time 33 5
Full Time 64 5


Try Scorers

Trinity Opposition
Player Name No. of Tries Scored Player Name No. of Tries Scored
Riley Weeks 1    
Will Mooney 1    
Harrison Winters 1    
Josh Paterson 1    
Thomas Croker 4    
Jake Paterson 1    
Michael Cooke 1    


Goal Scorers

Trinity Opposition
Player Name No. of Goals Scored Player Name No. of Goals Scored
Max Flack 6    
Thomas Croker 1    



Man of the Match: 3 – Riley Weeks, 2 – Tom Croker & Max Flack, 1 – Will Mooney, Harry Winters & Mason Whyte.


Description of Game: (Please circle best descriptor words)


Trinity Opposition
Alert Sluggish Worked Hard Alert Sluggish Worked Hard
Quick Slow Played basics Quick Slow Played basics
Generous Physical Wrapped Up Generous Physical Wrapped Up





Detailed Description of Game:


Trinity Under 16s played Radford College at Trinity in Round 6 of the Rugby Competition.

Trinity commenced the game on fire with punishing runs from Will Mooney, Harry Winters and Jayde Coggan. Riley Weeks burst onto a short Jack McCarthy pass to score carrying several defenders over the line. Max Flack converted from the side line and Trinity Led 7 to 0.

Trinity were again quickly on the scoreboard as the forwards dominated the Radford pack. Mason Whyte, Liam Mullins and Michael Cooke carried the ball downfield for Jack McCarthy to pick up a rampaging Will Mooney who burst through to score out wide. Max Flack had the radar working and again the conversion soared between the uprights. Trinity now led 14 to 0.

Radford were competing hard at the breakdown and despite the ruck work of Michael Boyd and Mason Whyte the Radford centre dived over to score in the corner. The conversion was astray and Trinity led 14 to 5.

From the resumption Trinity secured a penalty at the breakdown and Tom Croker kicked the ball into the corner 10 metres out from the try line. Liam Mullins soared high at the lineout to secure the ball and the Trinity pack drove the ball towards the line. Harry Winters burst off the back of the ruck to score. Max Flack converted and Trinity led 21 to 5.

Max Flack secured the kick off, fed the ball to Guy Nesbitt-Titheridge who set up play before Riley Weeks burst away downfield leaving defenders strewn in his wake. Tom Croker linked with Eric Brown onto Max Flack with Josh Paterson tearing away down the sideline beating the cover defence to dive over in the corner. The conversion was wide and Trinity led 26 to 5.

Radford resumed play kicking to the safe hands of Max Flack who found Will Mooney on the fly. Great work by the Radford flanker earned a penalty and Radford tapped the ball and sent it wide. Tom Croker read the play well and forced a dropped ball which Croker gleefully scooped up and ran 50 metres to score. Max Flack converted and at half time Trinity led comfortably 33 to 5.

After the break Trinity’s forwards continued to dominate with excellent breaks from Riley Weeks, Will Mooney and Mason Whyte. Michael Cooke, Tynan Rae, Tyler Dunbar and Michael Boyd were working hard at the breakdown before the ever present flyhalf Tom Croker spotted a gap to burst through to score under the posts. Max Flack converted and Trinity led 40 to 5.

From the kick off Tom Croker secured the ball and spun it wide for Eric Brown to burst away before feeding the ball to George Harborne who found Jake Paterson powering up the sideline to score in the corner. Max Flack slotted the conversion and Trinity led 47 to 5.

Again Radford kicked deep with Tom Croker gathering the kick off. The ruck formed and a great wrap around the corner saw Mason Whyte progress the ball 20 metres downfield. The ball was sent wide from the ruck through Eric Brown to Danyon Bush who scooted up the sideline before looping the pass back in field. The ruck was set with Tynan Rae, Riley Weeks and Harry Winters prominent. Tom Croker burst through the Radford defence of a short Jack McCarthy pass only to be pulled down a metre short. Michael Cooke was on hand to scoop up the ball and dive over for the 5 pointer. The try was not converted and Trinity led 52 to 5.

The Trinity forwards continued to make all the play with Josh Paterson, Will Mooney and Harry Winters working well in attack and defence. Eric Brown was challenging the line with every touch and Jake Paterson could not have been more dangerous but it was a Max Flack line break followed by a chip kick ahead that was gathered on the full by Tom Croker which secured Trinity’s next try. Croker scored under the black dot. Unaccountably the ever so reliable Max Flack missed the conversion but trinity led 57 to 5.

As fulltime loomed Trinity continued to drive downfield, George Harborne was firing the ball to Tom Croker giving him plenty of time and space. Croker took full advantage of this and after throwing a dummy burst through to score under the sticks. Croker converted his own try and the referee blew fulltime with Trinity winning 64 to 5.

Best and Fairest 3 – Riley Weeks, 2 – Max Flack and Tom Croker, 1 – Mason Whyte, Will Mooney and Harry Winters

Prepared By:  John Bell - Coach Trinity Under 16's

Contact Number: mobile 0418417005 email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.and at home: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Go to top